Monday, March 27, 2017

Jacksonville, Arkansas - Week 6

Hello Everyone!

This week was another good week here in good Ole Jville. Before I get into the details I want to say thanks to everyone for emailing me this week!  I really loved seeing everyone. Thanks for that!

This week in Jville we sadly had a lot of appointments fall through. But the appointments that we did have were really good. 

This week we had an appointment with Zach and Rebecca and it was really good. Zach asked a lot of questions and it seemed like the message made sense for him. I really think that he will stay interested with us and will make progress as the week's go on. 

This week we were also able to give two blessings to those in need. One was to one of the sisters in our area who has struggled with her health a lot more ever since she has come on her mission. As I started the blessing the words just started to come out and it was such a humbling, amazing experience.  The other blessing was for a man in our ward who injured his knee at work. I was able to anoint for that one and it is just awesome being able to participate in blessings. 

The members here in Jville are really nice to us. I love being able to serve them and be able to learn from their stories that they are able to share and their awesome testimonies. I have really loved being a missionary. 

Transfers were this week and I was blessed to be able to stay with Elder Murdoch. Our district actually didn't get touched with transfers so that is awesome news. I love my district they are awesome people that I am able to learn a lot from.

Speaking of learning, I have been studying from 3rd Nephi 12. I love reading the beatitudes that Jesus taught everyone. He basically gives us the things that he did and applied them to us. If we want to be like him we need to be humble, meek, have faith, and do what is right. I love studying the words of Jesus. They really have an awesome message and impact my life in many different ways.

I know that I write this a lot but I LOVE being a missionary. I have learned so much from my last 62 days here in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven gave me the opportunity to be a missionary and work alongside his Son in this great work. The thought has come to me recently that if I had to go home today would I be OK with the way that I have conducted myself and served the Lord? I can tell you that the answer to this would be a resounding yes. I am grateful for everyday that the Lord gives me to be his servant here in his vineyard. After we wake up in the morning, let us be grateful that the Lord has given us one more day in this life with all the awesome blessings that he gives us, because really everyday is a tremendous blessing. 

I love all of you and I challenge you to keep studing from the Book of Mormon every single day. You will find that the more you are able to study from it the more blessings you will be able to find in your daily life. I have noticed a real difference in the days that I read and study from the Book of Mormon. It really is written for our day and age. 

I love you everyone and I hope that you have a great week. Keep praying for me and I will keep praying for all of you. 

With much love,

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

Jacksonville District Missionaries

Elder Larsen and Elder Murdoch


Elder Murdoch enjoying a Taro Smoothie

Having a little fun bowling


No comments:

Post a Comment