Monday, April 3, 2017

Jacksonville, AK - Week 7 - Four Book of Mormon's and a Bible

Hello Family!

First highlight of the week was I survived another walk week! It was actually a pretty good walk week. It was really hot but as we say down here "Sweet is the work".

So the subject title has a back story. We were walking and we were able to give out 4 BOMs and a Bible. One of those BOM's was to a friend of Zach and Rebecca, and she was a pretty cool lady. Next we gave two Book of Mormons out when we were walking through some of the sketchier parts of town, and a person stopped their car and asked for those "Norman Bibles" hahaha funny right? We gave them 2 of them and got a return appointment. The last one that we gave out was when we were walking and another person stopped their car and asked for a bible so we gave them a bible and a Book of Mormon.  

One awesome person that we have been teaching is a man called Dexter. Dexter is a man who saw us as we were going to a Former Investigators house and he stopped us and was like "you guys helped me quit smoking when I lived in San Diego." And that striked up the conversation. We have met with him twice and taught him a bit out of the Book of Mormon. We talked about it and he accepted/choose his own baptismal date. This guy is as good as gold. He mentioned how he thought the San Diego temple was so beautiful and how he wanted to go inside. It was awesome because we told him that that is our goal as missionaries. He is so awesome. His baptismal date is for May 6th. His testimony that he shared with us was just amazing and I love this guy. 

I've seen a lot of miracles along the way this week. Many times on my mission when I thought that my blood glucose numbers were going to be pretty crazy after eating some food, I've been amazed when my numbers were normal. The Lord definitely knows me and is helping me out in a ton of ways. Tons and Tons of Tender Mercies.  

General conference was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I loved it. I learned sooooooo much from it. The scripture that really stuck out to me was the scripture in the Pearl of Great Price where Enoch was talking with the Lord and the Lord said " all flesh is in my hand therefore walk with me." I'm grateful for everyday that the Lord allows me to be a missionary. Everyday is a tremendous blessing and I love that I have been blessed to come out and serve the Lord. I was so happy to hear from the Prophet again and his inspired counsel about the Book of Mormon and how we should read it everyday, everyday, everyday! I love the Book of Momon. I have studied from 3rd Nephi 17 and I have learned so much from how the Lord interacted with the Nephites. His bowels were filled with compassion and his joy was so much that we wept for joy because of them. That is so amazing! I want the Lord to have that much Joy in me. That's my goal. 

I also loved how many talks there were on the Holy Ghost and how important it is to have him with us all the time. He really can help us in so many ways. He can comfort us and heal us and help us to have the faith to carry on when life is really hard. The Holy Ghost has definitely been a huge strength to me as I have been out here. I have learned a lot more from the Scriptures when I am able to have the spirit teach me. 

One thing that I want everyone to do is when you are getting ready in the morning listen to a conference talk. It will increase your faith and ability to meet the challenges for the day. Also like the Prophet I challenge you to read the Book of Mormon everyday. It truly is the source to a greater, deeper conversion to the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Keep up the good work, have faith that everything will work out and God loves you so much. Jesus wants to give you grace everyday, just ask for it, and the Holy Ghost really desires to be with everyone that he can, so do everything you can do to make an environment where he can be present. 

I love you all and I keep you all in my prayers. 

With much love, 
Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment