Monday, March 20, 2017

Jacksonville, Arkansas Week 5

Hey Everyone!

Today is day 55 in the field! Kinda crazy isn't it? Any way this week has been really interesting. 

We had Zone conference on Thursday and it was awesome! I really learned a lot and I loved it. This is President Wakolos last zone conferences so I could tell it was starting to pull on his heart strings a bit. He seemed kinda sad about it all but it was great to hear from him. 

We had people from LDS Family services come and speak to us too. They taught about how we can have better relationships with our companions and how we can overcome our challenges. They taught about how we should eliminate from our vocabulary the words "Makes me" and replace it with "I feel". That was really cool, it helps us change who is in charge of our feelings from other people making us mad or sad it helps us get down to the root cause of how we are feeling and helps us resolve what our differences are. Good council.

Transfers are this week so we will see who is getting transfered. I have a feeling that Elder Murdoch may end up getting transfered because he has been here in Jacksonville for about 6 months now. He is the district leader and my trainer though so maybe he will end up staying another transfer. Hopefully.... 

Anyway I want to share my Friday with you all. Friday was really..... interesting. We did our weekly planning and that went really well and then we started going to visit people. As we were driving I felt the spirit in a way that has been different from how I have felt him in the past. We parked the car and we're about to go down the street to our first appointment and Elder Murdoch looks over at me and says I have a bad feeling about this. So we prayed and while we were praying the spirit said that we were in danger and needed to flee from that street. So we followed the Spirit's direction and fled the area. We don't know why we left but we do know that the spirit told us to and we obeyed. 

Friday was a big test day. All of our appointments were falling through and it was really hard. After they all fell through we had close to 2 hours left. So we pulled over and parked the car in a little parking lot and we were praying and the spirit said to "stay put". That made Zero sense. Like seriously... Anyway we stayed there and followed the spirt and spent close to 20 minutes wondering what we were needing to do. Then the spirit said to go visit a person that we had already tried, and who wasn't home. 

Needless to say sometimes the spirit tells us to do things that make zero sense or actually go against what we would normally do. The best thing to do in these kind of circumstances is to reevaluate our place and realize that the spirit knows a lot more then we do and that we need to follow him. He knows what we need to do. 

I have seriously gained a new found appreciation for the spirit and how he can bring revelation to us and can help us in our daily lives. 

On a side note I have received a lot of mail and packages from family. You all are the best and I love you. Thanks for taking the time to help me out and send me letters of encouragement and love. They seriously make my day and help me be happy. Thanks for all you do. 

Challenge for the week is to try to come closer to the Holy Spirit. He wants to help us and wants us to figure out to hear him better. Pray to Know what you can do to become more intune with the spirit. I can give you a bunch of different things to do but Pray to have the spirit talk to you about what you need to work on. 

With much love,

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen




No comments:

Post a Comment