Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Jacksonville, Arkansas: Week 2

Hello Family!
The area here in Jacksonville is really.... Interesting. The people here are pretty different than in Idaho, and it's the land of the baptists. The scripture that comes to mind is "a bible a Bible we have a Bible we need no more Bible." I can't remember what one that is but yea... 

Elder Murdoch and I are doing pretty good for the most part. He has been a pretty good trainer. He has helped me to meet people in the ward and I think his heart is in the right place for the mission. 

The ward has been real nice to us and have been feeding us pretty well. So far the food has been really good and hasn't killed me haha. It hasn't been too difficult keeping my numbers where they need to be, and keep my diabetes under control. The active ward members try really hard to keep their conversion alive and they have strong testimonies and its awesome. Super humble people who try their best. Sadly there is a huge amount of inactive members and "do not contacts" in our ward. A large part of the work is the reactivation and retaining of the ward members. 

From my studies this week I have been convinced more and more of man's nothingness. I didn't think I was too prideful but the Lord has shown me that I still have a ways to go. I've been humbled this week in a few different ways, but the lesson that I learned from these experiences has been to trust God even more. He knows what he wants me to be and that's enough of a reason to trust him.  

Keep me in your prayers and please pray that I won't be discouraged with the slowness of the work. It's really slow here. That's been pretty disheartening. Pray for the inactive and pray that the peoples hearts will be softened . Pray that my studies will be sufficient for the needs of the day. I though I had a lot of gospel knowledge but wow there is so much I don't know. 

My challenge for the week to you all is to attend the temple and keep on reading the Book of Mormon. In the word of President Wakolo read it every day every day every day. Even if only for 10 minutes. 

Keep me in your prayers they really do make a difference. I love you all and I keep you in my prayers too. 

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment