Monday, February 20, 2017

Jacksonville, Arkansas - Welcome to the Bible Belt



Elder Larsen and Elder Murdoch

Hey Family!
Everything has gone by so fast and I don't even know where to start. My last week at the MTC was really really good. 
On Sunday night last week we had a testimony meeting with the elders from my zone and the departing District bore their testimonies to the younger districts.  It was really amazing and I really think that it made a difference for some of the elders who were there.  I was able to give the closing prayer for that meeting and wow the spirit was amazing.  We then gave a blessing to a couple elders and said our goodbyes and went to bed

We had a really good testimony meeting with my classmates and my teacher Sister Platt.  The spirit was very strong there and it was so cool.  Sister Platt wanted us to write a letter to ourselves 2 years from now and I think that that was pretty interesting to write. I'm really going to miss my MTC district and my teachers.  They were the best.
  
The day that we left I was able to give departure blessings to 2 sisters and that was a really spiritual experience. I can tell that it made a difference for them. We then all said our goodbyes and got on board the bus for the airport. 

I loved having the chance to talk to my family before I got on the plane.  That was such a humbling experience and I want everyone to know that I love my family.  They are the best and I love them so much. 

I've never been on an airplane before so my anxiety was pretty high as I got on my flight.  I didn't know how I would react to it all when it happened.  I was pretty motion sick and I'm just happy to say that I made it to Arkansas.  I had a real nice conversation with a lady from Sri Lanka and it was nice.  I don't think she will convert but I think her sister will haha.  Her sister was sitting in the other aisle and my friends had a terrific experience with her and gave her a book of Mormon.  Way cool!

When we got off the plane and went to the loading area who would've guessed that My Mission President would have been there to greet me.  It was so amazing he reminds me a lot of Grandpa and he sounds like a Sean Connery from Fiji ðŸ˜‚😊.  It was awesome haha.  

I got some good training from President Wakolo that day and the next day and was able to bear my testimony again.  I love bearing my testimony to people it's the best.  I spent the night at a nice hotel and can I say after having almost no sleep for quite a while sleep is amazing.  Haha 

My trainer is Elder Murdock and he is pretty cool.  I've learned a lot from him and it's been a great week.  We have been humbled all week.   We haven't gotten in with anyone really so that's been hard but we have been doing the best that we can so I guess the Lord is teaching us patience,  humility and diligence.  

By the way the rumors are true the people down here are waaaaaaay Baptist.  I have seen more baptist churches in the last week then I think I have seen churches total in my life.  Seriously everyone and their dog are pastors in their own baptist congregation. 

Sunday was good,  I spoke in church and was all over the place but I think it went well.  I got a bishops blessing which was very comforting because I haven't known if what I've been doing has been enough, but I received a lot of peace from that.  

Mondays are my P days as you can guess and with every email home I want to extend an invitation to become more converted.  So this challenge is pretty simple read the book of Mormon for 10 minutes or more a day.  If you can do more then do it.  As you read slow down and ask yourself what does the Lord want me to gain from this passage of scripture?  And I promise you that as you do this you will feel a lot of peace come into your life.  I'm going to keep praying for all of you and I can definitely feel the strength that comes from all of your prayers for me.  Keep it up and keep me posted on what ya'll are doing.  

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

Skyler's MTC District

Flat tire - first day on the job :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment