Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Faith is Not to Have a Perfect Knowledge

Hello World!!! I want to thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are! Thank you ever so much for the faith & prayers that have been offered in my behalf. Trust me I have definitely felt a boost this week. 

The highlights for this week include, Zone Conference, faith building experiences, and feeling God's love. 

So I have had some questions as to what my day to day is like here as a missionary. Everyday I wake up, study, have lunch, and then head out into the world to preach the Gospel. Near the end of the day we have dinner and use Facebook to teach other people. Facebook has become a great tool to try to teach others. 

If y'all have anyone that you would like to be taught the Gospel, I can get them started with Facebook and Skype. ðŸ˜Š

I am really loving my companions. They are great individuals. Elder Rockwood is my trainee and he is great. He works hard and really tries to do what the Lord wants. Elder Anderson is likewise a good friend of mine. He has helped me a lot these last 5 months. The Good Lord definitely knows who I have needed to be my companion. 

Zone conference was this last Thursday and the whole time we were taught about faith and what it really is. It was very insightful. 

Hebrews 11:1 Tells us that "faith is the substance of things Hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Let's compare Faith to Air. We can't see air, but we can feel it. Likewise we can't see God at the present time, but we can see his influence in our lives. 

On Sunday I was feeling pretty down, and the talks during the Sacrament were just for me. The speaker talked about the Love that God has for us. He taught about how vast and all encompassing the Love of God is. John 3:16 tells us "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Heavenly Father knew exactly what His Son would have to go through in order to bring us home. It was a terrible price that needed to be paid. The Father willingly gave His Son, and His Son willingly came. When I remembered the great amount of Love that the Father and the Son have for me I felt better. I remembered that even through life is hard we have some amazing support from Heavenly Places. 

My dear friends I know that this Gospel is true. I have seen so many evidences in my life that God is real. He knows us personally. I know that Jesus is my Savior. I know that the Holy Bible & the Book of Mormon work together to lift, encourage, inspire, and bless us. 

My Book of Mormon verse for the week is Mormon 7:9
"For behold, this (The Book of Mormon) is written for the intent that ye may believe that (The Bible); and if ye believe that(Bible) ye will believe this(Book of Mormon) also; and if ye believe this(Book of Mormon) ye will know concerning your fathers, and also the marvelous works which were wrought by the power of God among them

I would also like to extend an invitation to all the married couples who shall read my words. I would invite you to take a fresh copy of the Book of Mormon, and prayerfully mark it according to the whispering of the Holy Ghost for your spouse. I can promise you that as you do this you will be able to hear the voice of the Holy Ghost as he rests more abundantly in your home. You will also grow closer to your spouse, contention will depart, and you will find yourself happier then you were before despite challenges that may arise. I can also promise you that as you grow closer to your spouse, you will also grow closer to God. 

I love you all! Please let me know if there is anything that y'all could use some missionary prayers for. God bless y'all and have a great week. 

Sincerely, 

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment