Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Hard Goodbye's in Hope - Hello Again Little Rock!

Hello World! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are! 

I'm so sorry that I haven't sent out a weekly in a few weeks. I don't have a whole lot of time this week, so let's hop right in. 

It appears that I am getting transfered to North Little Rock to become and Office Elder. What this means in a nutshell is that I am going to be driving long hours in the truck pulling a trailer. I will also be helping transfer people in the transfer van. It will be a bit of an interesting time. Please be sure to pray that I will be safe on the road. Odds are I will be an office Elder for anywhere between 4 1/2 to 7 1/2 months. We will just have to see what happens. 

Anyway things have been interesting this last week. I was totally not expecting to be called as an office elder. Elder Rockwood was also not expecting to be transfered to Blytheville. Elder Anderson will be staying here in Hope and will be getting Elder Dahl as his companion. I'm really excited for the Hope Branch because Elder Dahl is awesome. 

Anyway my last Sunday in the Hope branch was incredible. I was able to bear my testimony to those wonderful saints one last time as a missionary. I also was able to see the New Elders Quorum President lead the Quorum for the first time. I have helped him a lot throuout the last 9 months and it made me so happy to see how he has grown I also had potluck with the saints, and that was wondeful. The last thing we did was take pictures as a branch. I have pictures with the adults and a few with the little kids. It was awesome. Many, many tears were shed all around. It felt like I was leaving my family all over again. I truly feel that I have been adopted by these wonderful Saints. 

As a parting gift they had all signed cards, and gave me a signed hat and a Arkansas Razorback shirt. I consider that last Sunday a sacred experience. I will cherish those memories forever. 

We also had a musical tribute in Jacksonville and it was amazing! The Spirit of the Lord was poured out upon all the people who were there. I felt so privileged to share the first vision with everyone. 

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the boy Joseph Smith and that this is the true church upon the earth today. I will never doubt it. I will never question it. I know that God lives and loves us. 

Please keep reading the Book of Mormon. It is the foundation of my conversion. I know that anyone can read that book and come closer to Jesus Christ. 

sincerely, 

Elder Skyler G. Larsen


The Sweet Saints of HOPE


Jodi and Dewan with Elder's Larsen and Anderson


The Beautiful Primary of Hope

1 comment: