Friday, February 2, 2018

Counting Down

Hello Family and Friends!!! I rejoice with you in the amazing true Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I love you all and I'm so grateful for what y'all do, but mostly for who you are. 

These week has been incredible!!! I was able to sit at the feet of 2 ordained Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ! Elder Holland and Elder Uctdorf came and visited the good people of the south and shared their deep love for us. They taught the missionaries on Saturday and I had a 2 second interview with each of them as I shook their hands. I felt as if I was shaking the hand of the Savior of the World, and I actually felt His deep love for me. It was the most amazing experience. I had many tender experiences with those two powerful men of God. One of those was a simple declaration of truth taught from Elder Holland. The last thing that He said during the missionary training on Saturday was that the words that he will say until the very last breath of his life would be that "This is the truth." When he said that I had an undeniable spiritual witness from the Holy Spirit of God such as I have never before felt in my life. I have always known that this is the truth, but this experience made it even more sure in my heart. 


Elder Holland and Elder Uctdorf spoke about many amazing things. I have attached a small portion of my notes. English doesn't do this justice at all. I feel a captive trying to relate all I experienced and the tender feelings of my heart in this crooked and broken language. I just pray that wherever you are that the Holy Spirit will be able to confirm in your heart, as He did to mine that this Church is the only one that has the power to unite families for time and all eternity, and to help us become truly changed people through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.

 I know, my dear friends, that Heavenly Father lives. He loves us so much that he sent his only Son to pay the debt that we could never pay, so that we can return to live with them again. I know that this is the truth. Truth is unalterable. It doesn't change despite all the attempts of the world to change it. God Lives. Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. The Bible is the word of God.  The Book of Mormon is unequivocally Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom established again here on the earth preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.  I will never doubt it. I will never question it. 

If life seems dark and dreary, don't forget to pray ( Hymn 140). Reading from the Book of Mormon is the cure-all for many problems in life. Keep up the good work. I love you all. 

Sincerely, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

------

Notes from Mission Training and Stake Conference. 

Elder Beheshti: Miracles are possible by repentance.

Elder Uctdorf: Prayer is really powerful. No greater expression of love then to Pray with and mention in your prayers your gratitude and love for your eternal companion. The Holy Ghost is our translator. As long as our intent is perfect then Christ will make up the rest. Don't give up, help each other. The Savior lifted others and so can I. Two keys to success in life.  1. trust the Lord 2. keep the Commandments. Never underestimate your impact or ability to succeed.

Stake Conference -Be in Harmony. The Gospel gives us orientation. It helps us have the map of where to go. Look to the light. God gives us his son so we can have the miracle of forgiveness. The Savior gives us hope. The sun is a symbol of God's great love for us. The Gospel is our plane to climb over the clouds of life. Think locally and look for ways to share the gospel. Share the simple things. The reformation helped bring about the restoration. Reread lift where you stand. Life ain't easy, but with the Lord's help it will be possible. Powerful witness of Christ.

Elder Holland: Learn to Love silence . This is the church that believes in eternal progression. This must be a pivotal moment of your life. The Gospel must be the most important thing to you forever. Fire shut up in my bones forever. You've got to love this gospel forever. Heavens investment in me is eternal. Go home and Testify that your life has been changed forever. I will live for the Gospel. This is forever. His last words will be " this is the truth" 

Stake Conference: it is not where you serve, but how you serve. Everyone is in the same family. This mission must be my great turning point. The succession in the presidency is a miracle. The Lord went back to find a child ( Joseph Smith). Sometimes we are so close to history we don't know we are making it. Easter is coming up. Lessons from scriptures holy week. 3 lessons. 1 week began now is my soul troubled. Father save me from this hour. Nevertheless for this cause came I unto into the world. Jesus didn't want to face the music. Jesus said "I'm in this for you Father.  Father said "Hang on my son, Together we will make it through." We are on trial, not the Gospel. How do we hear it and how we respond to it, that is what is on trial. 2. Night before crucifixion, woman having alabaster box anointed Jesus for Burial. Jesus said "Let her alone, she had done what she could." Mark 14:8. The good we do will stand as our eternal memorial. Do what you can. Do all you can. 3. A new commandment I give unto you. Love one another. Love is the measuring rod. Love, it is that simple. Love is the basic component of the gospel. When you boil it all down it is love.  The Savior didn't want to overwhelm the Apostles. If nothing else, love one another. Elder Holland left an apostolic blessing of peace and love to be with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment