Thursday, February 8, 2018

Busy and Sweet is the Work

Hello Family and Friends!

I rejoice with you in the Gospel of our Lord, and Savior Jesus Christ! Thank you for what you do, but mostly thank you for who you are. 

I realize that there are some people that have not been able to get my weekly reports on my blog. Sorry fellow missionaries. I will try to keep y'all updated from now on. 

This week went by really fast. I have been living out of a duffel bag for the last few days, because of exchanges and meetings. That's OK though because sweet is the work. 

Highlights: this week we had Zone conference. It is always fun to get to see my fellow missionaries in my Zone and see how everyone is doing. We learned about Joseph and Mary and how they had all the Christ like qualities in them so that they could be the best parents for the Savior. A person has about 80% of their character traits developed by age 5 so that is why it is critical to love and support little children as they grow up. It was really interesting. 

We had interviews on Saturday and over the course of the conversation President Hansen said that I would be leaving Hope at the end of February. Now I need to make sure that I make the remaining time count here. 

Area: I love the Hope area! The members here are really great. Right now we are teaching a part member family named Dewon and Jodi. They are planning on getting married here in the next couple of weeks. Then Jodi will be baptized. We are shooting for the 25th before transfers so that I can see her get baptized. 

Companion: Right now I am serving with Elder Anderson. He is a really nice companion who tries really hard to do what is right. I have been with him now for about 4 months. He has some real good sowing skills and made a scripture case for me out of some extra material that he had. Super neat stuff. 

Exchange: this week I went on exchange with Elder Armstrong. He is a powerhouse missionary and he has helped me TONS. We spent the day in Pine Bluff which has the nickname Crime Bluff. It was great. Haha

Tell-a-story: This week on exchange we had a really neat experience. We were knocking on a door with a Vivint doorbell and the owner comes on over the intercom and is like "What y'all want?". Long story short we introduced him to the Book of Mormon and he wanted a copy. He was like "Just put it over in my mail box and I'll take a look at it." It was so awesome! 

Studies: This week I have been working on President Nelson's challenge to study everything I can about the Savior. I am using the Topical guide as my core curriculum and let me tell ya it has been amazing! Today I read from the Sermon on the mount and pondered on the Beattitudes. The very first beattitude is "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for their's is the kingdom of Heaven." Poor in spirit means poor in pride, or humble in spirit. Isn't that interesting, the very first thing the Savior taught on the mount was humility. I think that is of critical importance. If we are humble then everything the Savior wants to teach us will come easier. 

Testimony: My dear friends, I know that this church is the Lord's church once again established here on earth for the benefit and blessing of God's children. I know without a shadow of doubt that Joseph Smith did indeed see God the Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the work that I am engaged in is the work of Almighty God. I know that there are many people all around us that are searching for the amazing truth that we have. I challenge y'all to look for one person that you could share the Restored Gospel with. I promise you that if you ask the Lord to help you find that person then he will show you the way. If y'all are struggling with any problem, then read from the Book of Mormon. It is the spiritual Cure-all. The Book of Mormon connects us to Christ and He can give us grace to help us in times of need. 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! This is the best thing that I have ever done with my life. I love you all and I would love to hear from you. 

Your friend, 

Elder Skyler G. Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment