Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Week 42: Hope for the Holidays

Hello Family and Friends! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank y'all for what you do, but mostly for who y'all are. 

This week has been incredible! I hope y'all are participating in the #LightTheWorld compaign that the Church has put on. It is definitely inspired. 

As y'all can probably tell I am staying in Hope for the Holidays. I'm really excited as we are working with a lot of amazing people. Right now we are working with Latoya, Lisa, and Kedrick and his family. We are trying really hard to help them all commit to be baptized before the end of the year.

The whole mission has a goal of 80 baptisms by the end of the year. President Hansen received this guidance from the Spirit and I know we can do it. We must help 46 people enter the waters of baptism by the end of the year. PLEASE pray for this. We need all the miracles and tender mercies we can get. 

Two investigators from my past area were baptized on Saturday. Jordan and Andy are a Father and son from Blytheville. Jordan was baptized, received the Aaronic priesthood and in turn baptized his son. Now the whole family is united in the faith and I am so happy!!! I love how the Lord works things out so that many people can be blessed. 

This week we had a fantastic meeting with Elder Robins of the Presidency of the 70. He taught us about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how much our Savior loves us. One scripture that stood out to me that he used was Isaiah 49:13-16. Isaiah compares the Lord's love to the love of a Mother for her child. It was amazing to learn from Elder Robins. 

I'm running out of time y'all, but I know that this church is true. I have felt the Spirit of the Lord witness to my soul that this is the Lord's church. If we want a personal connection to our Savior we need to read the Book of Mormon. The whole book talks about Jesus. Don't forget to Pray. Heavenly Father wants you to talk with him. He is so kind and wants to listen to you. 

Please keep praying for me and I will keep praying for you. God be with y'all and have a blessed week. 

Sincerely your friend, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment