Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 41: Exchanges, Thanksgiving and Lots of Driving

Hello Family and Friends! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank y'all for what you do, but mostly for who y'all are. I thank my Heavenly Father Everyday for all the AMAZING people in my Life. 

This last week has been pretty good. I had a great Thanksgiving and I hope y'all did too. The highlights of the week include exchanges, thanksgiving, and lots, and lots of driving. 

This week I had the great opportunity to go on exchanges with my Zone leaders. Elder Armstrong and Elder Paopao are some Stellar Men of God. Elder Armstrong has a special spot in my book, because he has been helping me grow in my district leader responsibilities and has been there for me these last 3 transfers. Elder Paopao served next to me when I was in Jacksonville so we have had some good times together. This exchange I was with Elder Paopao. It was awesome. That night I made some soup and Pasta for everyone and we played some Phase 10. I love the men I serve with. 

One funny thing was I was driving the Zone leaders to and from Camden where their car was and on the way back to Camden to unexchange to our Horror we found that their car keys were all the way back in Hope. So 2 hours later they were back on their way headed home. It was really funny. 

I had the great opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with the a family in the Branch. We all had some great food and talked and played uno. It was amazing and helped me not be homesick. 

I love being a missionary!!! It is the best decision I have ever made in my life.  "Behold, I am a Disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been Called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have Everlasting Life." (3rd Nephi 5:13) I Love my Savior and I have come to know him personally as I have been in His service among his people. I have seen Him work miracles in my Life and in the lives of those around me. I am here to help the Savior find His lost sheep and bring them safely home again. I have never been happier in my whole life as I have walked with Him. I won't ever leave His side. 

How will you follow the Savior this week?

Your friend in Christ, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen


Elder Larsen in the Boonies


These are some tired Zone Leaders


Elder Larsen's Holy Place


No comments:

Post a Comment