Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Week 44: Living in the Moment

Hello Family and friends! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thank you for all you do, but mostly for who you are! 

I'm kinda short on time this week so let's jump right in. The highlights of this week were Zone conference, a temple sealing, and Golden referrals! 

But first - a funny story: We got a flat tire on Saturday. That makes 3 flat tires so far on my mission. We had to drive 80 something miles on a donut tire to get it fixed. We spent the whole day in Hot Springs getting it fixed.  I'm getting pretty good at changing these things.   Haha what a life this mission is. 😂

So first one of the members in the branch that I've been helping in their temple preparations went to the house of the Lord in Dallas and were sealed together for time and all eternity. I'm so happy for them! They were so well taken care of and they had an amazing experience. The Gospel is true my friends and the Lord blesses those who make it to His home. 😄

This week we saw miracles in Hope! I was feeling real discouraged last week, so I made a Massive Action Plan or a MAP to help me feel better. As I put my MAP into place my positivity increased and the Lord blessed us with golden referrals. When I say Golden I mean GOLDEN & prepared of the Lord. One referral we went to see has had many spiritual experiences throughout her life and we were an answer to her prayers. She literally prayed us to her door. It was so amazing! God,  our loving Heavenly Father,  really knows everything and will answer our prayers. 

Probably the highlight of the week of miracles was Zone conference. I was richly taught by the Spirit of the Lord. I learned more about the Plan of Salvation, and what love for the Savior really is. Love = Loyalty. If we REALLY love someone we will be completely honest, obedient, and loyal to them. This impacted my heart strongly.  I love Jesus so much. I can not even begin to express the tender feelings I have for my personal Savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him I am nothing, but with Him I am able to do all things because His grace is sufficient for me. I make mistakes all the time, we all do, but our Savior's Grace is sufficient to help, encourage, inspire, and bless us. I know that my Redeemer lives, that He knows my name, my struggles, my desiresfor good,  and my potential. 

I hope that we can all remember the reason for the season. "For God so loved the World that he gave His only Begotten Son..."(John 3:16) What does the precious gift of God's divine Son mean to you? Maybe take some time to thank God for His Beloved Son this Christmas. 

Sincerely, 

Elder Larsen



 

No comments:

Post a Comment