Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Week 43: "Light" the World

Hello family and Friends!

I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to thank you all for what you do, but mostly for who you are. 

This week has been pretty good. We were on bikes in the freezing Arkansas humidity, but other then that it went well. Probably the highlight of the week was Saturday and Sunday. 

Saturday we went helped out 2 families. One family we replaced some electrical plugs at. Elder Anderson is a jack of all trades and He came in handy. The other family we helped put up Christmas lights for the annual Oakhaven Ilumenary. That was really cool. It is where the whole town of Oakhaven puts up lights for Christmas. Then people go driving down the one street in Oakhaven and look at the lights. One guy there went all out and had his lights programed to music and broadcasted his Christmas music over the airwaves for all the people to listen to on their radios. ðŸ˜‚ It was something to behold. I've attached pictures a videos. 

Sunday was absolutely delightful. I LOVE Sundays. I have the blessed opportunity to go to the house of worship and bless the sacrament every week. The sacramental prayers are so important and sacred. The words just fill me with awe every time I read them. I love being able to renew my covenants with God each week and associate with amazing people. 

If any of y'all are struggling to be happy and cheerful this Christmas season I would recommend you participate in the #LightTheWorld campaign that the Church is sharing. Each day there is some way that you can shine the light of Christ into people's lives. 

Y'all know what to do, keep reading the Book of Mormon, praying with Heavenly Father, and going to church. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. 

God bless Y'all and have a blessed week!

Your friend, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment