Monday, October 30, 2017

Week 37: Sweet is the Work

Hello Family, and Friends! I truly REJOICE with you in the amazing Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you all for what you do, but mostly thanks for who you are. May God bless you for the good you do. 

I just love being a missionary! It really is the best! I get to go and share the greatest news since the resurrection of Jesus Christ with people and bring peace, and promise blessings. It is just FANTASTIC!

This week I had a new companion and we worked really hard. We have had good days and bad days this week but overall it ended on a good note. 

This week we found 5 new investigators who were really amazing people. We found a lady named Jinny who has never met with missionaries before or ever seen them for that matter. We taught the restoration to her and she said that she has been looking for a new church and one that could answer her questions.

One thing that was kind of sad this week was our golden family dropped us out of the blue. We gave them cookies on Friday and then Saturday when we went over for the lesson that we had set up the husband asked us not to come back. That ripped my heart out. The Holy Ghost came to me though and comforted me. I know that they will be baptized one day. We were their first contact with the church and on average people need 7 good positive contacts before they will be baptized. Sweet is the work!

We had the 4th of 6 Musical tributes on Sunday and WOW this one was really special. I was asked last minute to help in a quartet turned quintet. The Elder singing tenor needed some help so Sister Hansen asked me to sing the Tenor part with him while we sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer". It was AMAZING!!! I was also asked to share the First Vision as everyone "oo"ed the song behind me. The Holy Ghost was so strong, and I'm sure there were Angels singing with us. It was such an amazing experience and I will cherish those memories forever. 

I also was privileged to sing my Solo piece again. Oh my, I could feel the Spirit of the Lord singing through me to touch the hearts of those in attendance. I was calm as a summers breeze and I had full confidence. I count those as the most tender mercies of the Lord and I love how much God knows what I stand in need of. 

My dear friends, I know that Heavenly Father is there and He is listening to our prayers. He knows the thoughts and intents of our heart. He knows our good intentions even though sometimes we have bad execution of those intentions. Jesus is the Christ. He understands all of us in a very personal way. He knows what strength we stand in need of and He wants to bless us with His AMAZING Grace. When we are obedient it shows our love for Him and He in turn is able to show His love for us in the form of blessings. When we are obedient He is so JOYFUL, because He can then relieve suffering, or strengthen us to be equal to our challenges. 

Please Pray every single day to Heavenly Father. He wants you to talk with Him as a friend talks with another. Heavenly Father wants you to read the Book of Mormon, because it testifies in plainess of His Divine Son, Jesus Christ. Please attend your Sacrament meetings. If you do all 3 of these things you are connected to Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. 

What Challenges can stand against you when you have the Entire God head on your side? What can they do if God is your friend? 

My Heavenly Father, my Savior, and the Holy Ghost are my best friends. They help me out so much. I have been filled with peace, assurance, hope, faith, chairity, and every other good thing because they love me, and I love them with all my heart, mind, might, and strength. 

I love this Gospel!

I love being a missionary!

your friend in Christ,

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment