Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Week 33: Conference and District Mtg.

Hello Family and friends! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are! 

It's hard to believe that it's been another week. Things here in hope have been a bit slow but it's probably been because of Bike week haha. The highlights for this week include my first ever District meeting and General conference. 

Last Tuesday I had my first ever District meeting instruction. I was nervous but with the Lord's help I lasted for 45 minutes with enough time to do a role play. God is so kind.  seriously! He knows what we go though and wants to help us so much. 

I LOVED General Conference. It was so amazing and it felt like it went by way too fast. I thought it was really interesting that most of the messages included the Book of Mormon. It really is the word of God and we need to be reading it every single day. Blessings will come from following prophetic counsel. One talk that really stood out to me was Elder Holland's talk about perfection. Those who know me know that I am a perfectionist when it comes to how I want to live everyday. I want to be the best I can and when I don't measure up to my expectations I feel like a failure. This has been a big deal for me so I was so happy that it was addressed in conference. I would encourage you all to read the conference talks as often as possible. It is the voice of the Lord for us today. 

I love you all so much. I have a few things I could use some prayers for. If you all could pray for me this week to have a good performance for the first ever Missionary musical tribute it would be mighty appreciated. Also keep Robert and his family, and Londa and her family in your prayers. 

If y'all have questions or would like to talk shoot me an email. 

I love y'all and have a blessed week! 

Your fellow disciple of Jesus Christ, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment