Monday, October 30, 2017

Week 35: Book of Mormons because of Burger King

Hello Family and Friends! I REJOICE with you in the AMAZING Gospel of our Living Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to take a moment to thank you all for the Love that you have for the Savior that you put into action, and I want to especially thank you for who you are. God our Father thanks you as well as His Son thanks you. Keep being AMAZING! 

Before I get into my letter I need you all to do something for me. First keep reading the Book of Mormon everyday. Second PLEASE pray for this mission to find the 80 souls that God has been preparing. President Hansen said that there are 80 people who need us to find, teach, and baptize them before the end of the year. Please pray about this in every single prayer you have. It would be much appreciated. 

OK here we go. 

My goodness, how do I even begin to tell y'all about this amazing last week? So many blessings, miracles, and tender mercies have happened that it is quite difficult to keep track. I'm not sure I will be able to do it justice but here it goes.  

 Probably one of the greatest things that happen this week was when we placed 9 copies of the Book of Mormon in one day! The plans for the day were a little rocky but we ended up having great success and it all began when we went to Burger King for dinner. The manager asked if we had any extra Bibles. That got the conversation rolling and we gave him a Book of Mormon and a Bible.  The rest of the day we spent in Prescott and that is where we gave the other 8 copies away. It was such a miracle!

 Facebook also saved us an investigator. One of our investigators was about to drop us because of the busyness of her life but when we mentioned that we use Facebook to teach,  she gave us or Facebook information. Blessings!

 We also taught a family on Saturday. The were some critical conversations that the Spirit of the Lord lined up to make this appointment work. We taught the restoration using a puzzle that I received from some friends earlier in my mission and the lesson went fantastic!  we committed Robert, Gabriel, and Tristan to be baptized on November 12th. We almost committed Esta to be baptized but the Holy Ghost made her start to cry so she excused herself a little earlier in the lesson.  I really love how the Holy Ghost can testify to people and help them better feel of Heavenly Father's love for them.  It was probably the best day we have had in Hope. 

Sunday was amazing!!! we had a good day at church, and drove up to North Little Rock. After we got to North Little Rock we hopped in the transfer van with a bunch of other missionaries who are performing and drove to Memphis.  The performance was amazing! The Spirit of the Lord helped me nail the song so that it went great. There were many people in the crowd who I could tell this touched by the Holy Spirit.  when we started to sing amazing grace there were people singing along. It was such an amazing night. We had about 100 ish people there. Overall it was well worth all the time and effort involved.

Oh my dear friends, how I love being a missionary for my Best Friend, and Savior Jesus Christ. He has poured out an abundance of His spirit to be with us this week, and I have been filled with Heavens love. One thing that has really touched my heart this week was what I read in the Book of Mormon. I have such tender feelings for this Book. I read 3rd Nephi chapter 17 where the Savior called to the people to have them bring their sick and afflicted to Him. He then went on to heal every, single, one of them. He put no limit or restriction on His healing power. He simply called to all that would hear Him. Oh my Dear friends, He calls out to you and me and says "Please come to me so that I may heal you." Jesus doesn't like to see us suffer. He weeps with us in our suffering. He knows perfectly what we feel. When He performed His Atonement for us he felt every temptation, infirmity, pain, and weakness that we will ever have. This allows Him to heal us with His Perfect Mercy and strengthen us with His Amazing Grace.

Oh how I Love my Savior. He truly has redeemed my soul. He has lifted me up,  and I know He will never fail me nor forsake me. 

I love you all so much. If you have family or friends who would like to take the missionary discussions with me over Facebook and Skype please let me know. 

Have a blessed week! 


Sincerely your friend, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment