Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 27: Monkey Business and Exchanges in Camden

Hello Family, friends, and other Children of God! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank y'all for what you do, but mostly I thank y'all for who you are!

Before I get into the main part of the weekly report, I wanted to extend a commitment to y'all. If y'all aren't reading the Book of Mormon every day. Please do so. The Prophet was definitely inspired when he asked us to read it everyday, Everyday, EVERYDAY! I know from personal experience that y'all will feel more of the Love of your Father in Heaven. 

I have received some questions as to the music solo that I will be performing here in a few months. I will be singing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" in the Missionary Tribute to the Savior program that the mission is putting together for the 5 stakes in the mission. I have attached the program. It has a few errors in it, but for the most part it should be similar to what will actually happen. I'm not sure how it will all work out yet, but I will be singing at all 5 stakes, so I will be able to see people that I haven't seen for months again so this is really exciting. Please pray for me. 

So, this week has been a bit more bumpy then usual. The work here has been slowing down despite our best efforts. We know that there are people out there who need the gospel, it has just been difficult to find them. Please keep praying for us and the people of Hope. I have hope that there is hope for us yet here in Hope. :P

Anyway some of the highlights of the week include exchanges in Camden, monkey business, and tender mercies from the Lord. 

This week I had the opportunity to go on exchange with Elder Hoyle my district leader over in Camden. He had to do interviews with some baptismal candidates before we left Arkadelphia so it was cool to help him prepare for that. I was also able to receive a lot of good guidance and counsel from Elder Hoyle. He is a really awesome missionary. 

On the way back from unexchanging on Thursday we went to a member who has actual monkeys that she takes care of. It was way cool! She had a capuchin and some other kind but it was really cool. The capuchin monkey came up and shook my hand. Needless to say it was a really cool experience. 

This week has been pretty hard, but I have been able to see the Lord working through it all. The Holy Ghost can bring peace to a weary soul in such ways that words can't describe. I know that the Holy Ghost is real, and that he brings messages from Heaven.  Because of the Holy Spirit I know that Jesus is the Christ, the immortal Son of God. I also know that my Heavenly Father is very aware of me and my circumstances. I know that He cares about me,  and about all of his children. That is why God sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to set the example, and to mark the way that we need to live so that we can return home.

I know that the work that I am engaged in is the work of the God of Heaven! I Know that My Redeemer Lives!  I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of the Lord! I know that I am a Missionary for My Savior,  and Oh how I Love it!  

Hurrah for Israel!!! 

Sincerely, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment