Thursday, August 3, 2017

Week 24: A Week of Miracles

Hello Family and Friends! 

I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are! 

This week has been overflowing with miracles. Thank you all so much for your prayers! We have been richly blessed. 

We baptized Kym on Sunday!!! It was such a splendid special experience. I learned so much from this experience. Elder Trendler baptized her and I had the special privilege of confirming Kym a member of the Lord's restored church and gave her the Holy Ghost. It was amazing how the Holy Ghost rushed through me when I said "receive the Holy Ghost". I love being a missionary! My heart if full of Joy! I'm so glad that the Lord has let me serve alongside him in this wonderful work! 

Another miracle happened Sunday too. Reggie asked me to Baptize him in the coming weeks! I really hope that I get permission from President Hansen for this. So a little more information about Reggie. Reggie is a super cool guy. He has been coming to church with his girlfriend in the branch. We taught him the importance of the Priesthood and the restoration during church last week and he was like "that makes so much sense". I have seen him change and light has filled his countenance. It had been amazing seeing the spirit bring love and light to him. I feel so blessed to be able to help him come closer to Christ. I asked him if he wanted to be baptized solely for his own sake and he said yes. I'm sure he will be baptized and be filled with even more light really soon. 

This week we have been on bikes so I'm a little sore, but we have seen some amazing things happen. The Lord has kept us safe as we have biked and we have been able to talk with many different people. 

While I am sad that I will be leaving Blytheville, I have received confirmation that this was the Lord's will and that I accomplished everything that the Lord wanted me to do there. I helped the branch get on their feet and improved the relations between the branch and the missionaries. I was able to show them what a missionary can do to help the branch, and as much as I've given to them I have received double in return from the Lord. I love the people of the Blytheville Branch, and I thank God for the time that I had there. 

I have a testimony that my Savior knows my name and that I know him. I love him with all my heart, might, mind and, strength. I love having this opportunity to serve him. I have learned so much about where I fit into his divine plan. God is our Father. Jesus is our Savior. The Holy Ghost is here to help us everyday. 

I look forward to the time that I will serve the Lord in Hope Arkansas. I'm going to be a senior companion for the first time so this will be a growing, developmental opportunity for me. I know that there is someone in Hope that needs me. I will search for them and with God's help I will find them and help them come closer to his son Jesus Christ. 

I love you all and I pray for you everyday. Please keep me and the good people of the south in your prayers. 

With much love, 


Elder Skyler Glen Larsen






No comments:

Post a Comment