Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 26: Watermelons Galore

Hello Family and friends that I love! I truly rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are! 

I've officially reached the 200 day mark! It is crazy to believe that I've been a missionary of our Lord Jesus Christ for over 200 days. What a privilege and blessing it has been to serve him. 

This week has been interesting. I got to fill out my first (and hopefully last) incident report for our car. Someone hit our car in a hit and run on wendesday. They scrapped the bumper and ran. Crazy but thank goodness nothing else happened. 😥

We had zone conference and interviews with President Hansen this week. That was incredible! The spirit brought some things to mind that I can improve on and he also helped me learn so many things. The work out here is definitely lead by the Lord. That is 100% true. 😁

Now y'all might be wondering what is up with all the watermelons in the title. Well we had the 41st annual Hope Arkansas watermelon festival this week! 🍉🍉🍉😂 Dang that was fun, we spent 2 days there and handed out over 100 cards on Saturday. The Lord has helped us so much this week. We were able to talk with so many people at the festival and plant seeds of faith. You know how it goes, sometimes we plant and sometimes we harvest. Either way we are doing the Lord's work. 

We have had some really good lessons with Paul this week. Paul is our top investigator right now. He has a baptismal date for the 20th of September and is looking forward to it. He has really felt the spirit and knows that this church is different. We were planning on having him to church but for some reason he wasn't there. Anyway pray for him because he is awesome. 

Speaking of church I love the Branch that I am serving in! They are so cool. It feels more like a family then a church. We had a branch potluck on Sunday which was great. After that Brother Gold came up and took us aside and asked us to help him and his wife attend the temple! 😁😁😁 I'm so happy I can't even explain it. I am looking forward to helping them do whatever it takes to make it to the house of the Lord. Please pray for them! 

I have one big thing that I need y'all to pray for. The mission is going to be doing a stake musical missionary tribute in the 5 stakes in the mission, and President and Sister Hansen want me to do a solo in each of them!  I'll be singing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul". I'm not sure how it will all work out so that's why I need y'all to pray for me. It's a bit nerve-wracking but I have faith that God will help me. 

I love being a missionary. It's been the hardest and scariest thing I've every loved to do. I've developed so much into who God needs me to be. I can feel the Lord molding me into a better person. It's hard to describe, but it is real. 

I know that my Redeemer Lives! I know he loves everyone and that includes you! Please reach out to him and he will help you. He is my best friend! Oh what Joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer Lives! 

I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week. 


Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment