Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Week 25: What a time to be alive!

Hello Family and Friends! 

I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you each for what you do to make this world a better place, but mostly I thank you for who you are! 

This week has been one of change for sure. Lots of things have happened this week. I got to my new Area in Hope Arkansas, and life has been great here. I'm really liking being the Senior companion. I got it pretty lucky with Elder Patterson. We served right next to each other in Jacksonville and Cabot, so that was nice to already know each other. I've already learned a lot on how to lead a companionship in a successful way. 

Elder Patterson is from Idaho Falls and is a real cool guy. He comes from a Family of 7 and is the 2nd oldest. He did Robotics at the same conference that I did when I was in so that was pretty cool. It was kinda a random connection, but you know all roads lead back to Idaho.  We have been working on adjusting to each other's teaching style and role plays have really helped in that. We are also working on our doctrinal points so that we can use our scriptures better. 

Doctrinal points are something that is kinda unique to the ALRM. I'm not quite sure when it started but it really is just a process that the missionaries go through to be more accountable to the doctrine. We go through each of the 42 doctrinal points that are in Preach My Gospel, and we pick at least 1 Bible and 1 BOM scripture that best supports each point. So for instance for the Creation I have Genesis 1:1&27 and 1 Nephi 17:36. We also have to be able to recite these during any meeting with no help. This has really helped me realize how important the scriptures are and why we need all of them to properly understand the whole plan that God has for us. 

I am serving in a branch again down here. I really love the general feel of Branches. It feels more like a family then a church. We have about 30ish active members who live in an area roughly the size of Delaware. It's pretty awesome. 

I know that there are a lot of reasons why the Lord has brought me here to Hope. I'm not quite sure what all of them are, but I know that he is in all of this. 

So a couple really amazing scriptures for the week are Ezekiel 47: 3-5. Just reading scriptures isn't enough. We need to go through them with the Lord as our teaching and we will see that every time we read a scripture that we have read previously something else is going to stand out. This scripture blew my mind this week. 

I love you all and I know that my Redeemer lives! I love having this opportunity to serve him and to help the good people of the south come closer to him. If your faith is struggling then read the Book of Mormon. It solves so many problems in our life if we but read from the Holy scriptures. 

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the Mouth of God. Deuteronomy 8: 2&3

I love you all! Have a great week!! 



Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment