Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 19 - Setting up Shop in Blytheville

Hello Family and Friends that I love so much! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you each for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are. 

This week has been really good. I set up shop here in Blytheville Arkansas. I'm technically on the Memphis side of the mission and I am in the only area of the mission that has a slice of Missouri. That's really cool. Blytheville is a little town that used to have an Air Base. The base was shut down in the 90s and since then the place has turned into a ghetto. I actually live in the old base housing that they have. It's kinda interesting going from an active Air base in Jacksonville to an abandoned Air base here in Blytheville. Very interesting indeed.... 

Anyway people here are great. We have a really great teaching pool. We have 2 people on date currently. One is Kym. she is a stellar woman who is really close to getting baptized. We are only waiting on some paper work to be done and then we will have one more member to the Branch. We also found 2 new investigators this week that are so cool. Denise and Ann are sisters that we found in Osceola Arkansas. They were just sitting out on their porch and we started talking to them. We went to Osceola to drop off a Bible to a potential investigator that we had and after we dropped that off we found them. It was so cool talking about the Book of Mormon and the First Vision experience. I could tell that they were prepared from God and that the spirit was totally working with them. It was so cool to see. 

The members here are so cool too. The Blytheville ward got turned into a branch on Sunday. That was an interesting experience. First time I have ever heard of a ward going back to a branch. They have been struggling ever since the air base got shut down. I think that it was the right thing to do though because to get authorization to do this the stake had to send the request all the way to the First Presidency. Isn't that really interesting and cool. The First Presidency is really involved in the growth of the church. 

There is a returning less active family that I was really able to connect with on Sunday. The Wife is a member and the husband isn't yet. They have 4 little kids and they are just amazing. I really think that they had a spiritually uplifting experience on Sunday. We taught the gospel principles class on Sunday and we taught about eternal marriage. I wish you all could have felt the spirit that was there. The Holy Ghost came and bear hugged both of them. It was so amazing to be a part of it. I can tell that the spirit was able to work through my words to help that family. 

I want nothing more in this life then to do all I can to serve the Lord. I have felt him near me so much these last 2 weeks. My situation makes enough sense to keep walking and trying. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but me and the Lord. I know that I am accountable to him for everything that I do. He is the only person that I really want to please and make happy. This has been my feeling all along during my mission and it hasn't changed. I love the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I know that He loves me with all His heart, might, mind and strength. I know that God my Father is pulling for me, His Son is pulling WITH me, and that the Holy Ghost is comforting me, and the same thing applies to each one of you reading this right now. The Godhead will never give up on us. The Savior has invested so much in our eternal progression that he will never give up on us. He is always there. All we have to do is reach out like Peter and take his hand in the midst of our storms. I know that he will be there for us, because he hasn't left my side. 

I love ya'll more then I can express. God be with you always! 

Sincerely,  

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment