Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 22: 561 Days To Make A Difference

Hello Family and Friends!
I REJOICE with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!!

I thank you for all that you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are!

This week has been really amazing! We have seen so many miracles. We have worked harder then ever to be exactly in tune with the Holy Ghost and to work hard this week, and we have been richly rewarded.
The highlights from this week are amazing lessons with prepared people, inspiration learned from church, and recommitment to consecration.
This week we had the feeling to go pack to a potential investigator and it really paid off. We met the husband of the lady that we met and he is super prepared. His name is Richard and we were able to give him a BOM to read. We stopped by again this week and he had read the entire intro which like... never happens. He was really interested so we taught him and his 9 year old daughter hopped in on the lesson too. She said the prayer and it was quite possibly the best prayer I have ever heard from someone so young. She prays like a Pro. SOOO cool. We went over the intro to the Book of Mormon and talked about it some more. We also shared Josephs first vision experience and it was so cool. Ciara (Richard's daughter) asked us if that really happened and I was able to tell her Yes and oh my, I wish you could have seen her face light up. It was so cool. Richard is going to study and read the Book of Mormon and do his research into everything and make sure he wants to keep learning more. I think that it will take a little while but I definitely think that he will see the goodness of the Gospel and join the Church.
During church we read from the Teachings of President Hinckley book. We read chapter 14 for priesthood and oh my, it was like revelation upon revelation for me. President Hinckley shared some really cool experiences that he had when he lost himself in the service of others. I loved his quote from his Dad of " Forget yourself and go to work" This applies to me a lot. We read in Mark 8:35 
35 
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it.
If we lose ourselves in the service of others then we will find that we have found the thing that really matters most in life. Being to help our wonderful Father in Heaven in his great work of blessing his children. I am so grateful for every single day that I am able to be a missionary. I have a countdown that I keep track of pretty regularly.  I have 561 days to help as many people come to Christ as I can. 561 Days to open my mouth and share the Glorious News of the Gospel with others. 561 days left to make a difference in the Lord's vineyard. 561 Days to Show my Savior how much I love him.
I love being a missionary. It is such a privilege to be able to serve my Savior and to help him bless the lives of the good people of the South. May we all reach a little further and stand a little taller and work a little harder to help others and be of good service to our Heavenly Father.
I love you all and I am so grateful for you and all you do to help me. Your prayers are felt, and they help me and my investigators so much. Emails and letters are really appreciated. If you have questions write to me and I will try real hard to write to you. I love you all and God bless!

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment