Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 18 - Transfers - New Comps and a New Town



Hello Family and friends that I love!

I want to thank everyone for what you do to make this world a better place, but mostly I want to sincerely thank you all for who you are. I want to take a minute and thank all those who have been praying for me this last week, its been pretty rough here in Arkansas for a while so thanks so much for the prayers. They really do mean a huge difference. I love you all. ❤

This week has been one for the books. I've been on exchange for most the week in Beebe and Brinkley. Those went really well, but to be honest it was really nice to be back in Jacksonville for a little but, Elder Ralph got a call Saturday from the AP's saying that our area was getting white washed. For those who don't know -  white washed is when both Elders leave, and the new guys start fresh. To be honest it kinda sucks... But I know it was an inspired change and it's good for an area to get a fresh look every once and a while.

It was really hard having to say goodbye to all the members in Jacksonville. I have absolutely loved serving with them and helping them come closer to Jesus Christ. I'm just not good at goodbyes. They really are no fun. ðŸ˜¢ I've got some pictures of the members and me that I will send. I definitely will try to come back and visit them.

Transfer calls came in and I'm getting transfered to Blytheville Arkansas. 5101 Village Avenue Blytheville Arkansas 72115 is my new address. As sad as it is to get transfered I'm kinda ready for a fresh start,and a new outlook on the work here. My new companion is Elder Trendler and he is really cool. I'm really excited to be building up the branch that I will be serving in.

Zone conference was this week. This one was the Wakolo's last one and it was fantastic. Some memorable quotes from it are "we can choose the atonement or torment." and " A testimony won't save us in these latter days. We must work on our continuing conversion to Christ". It was really insightful and helped me feel better after a rough week. I was also able to get a few pictures with President Wakolo and his family. They are just the best. I have learned so much from them.

President Wakolo recommended me to go to the temple this transfer, and all I can say is I am so grateful that I was able to enter my Father's house again. Oh how I LOVE the temple. Oh what peace it brings to a weary soul. I received a few really important answers to some questions I had and one was to "be still and Know that I am God, and that I am near you always". Go to the temple family and friends, Father in Heaven wants you to feel peace and the temple is the best place to find it.

On Sunday day I was able to sing in Sacrament meeting and it was really special. The sisters and Elder Ralph and I sang "Savior Redeemer of My Soul". It was a beautiful rendition and I was able to do 2 solos on the song. I loved it and it was amazing. The song of the righteous is a prayer to God and I could tell He and his Son were smiling when we sang. It was such a great experience.

Dear family and friends, I want you all to know that I know that God is aware of me. These last couple weeks have been really rough for me, and in the midst of all this I was kinda struggling to see how everything was going to work out and I had a couple days where my faith was a bit shaken up. Despite all this I was able to feel and looking back I can see how God had his hand in all of it. I know that God is real and that he listens to us and wants to be as involved as we let him in our lives. The same thing goes for his Son and his grace, and the Holy Ghost. Prayer is essential to involving God in our lives. Keep praying and then be still and quiet and wait for answers to come. I know that God loves me and he loves you. Try to come close to him and he will reach out to you. I know this is true.

I love you all and I pray for you.

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

These pictures are some some of the very special Jacksonville, Arkansas members that Skyler has really come to love, and then the Memphis, Tennessee temple.  









No comments:

Post a Comment