Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 21 - Mission President Greenie Fire!

Hello Family and Friends that I love! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are and the Saints that you are becoming. 

This week has been amazing. So many things have happened. The highlights are meeting the new mission president, getting a new truck, exchanges, and church talks. 

This week we had the amazing opportunity to meet the new mission president and he is on fire! He served in the south 36 years ago and he said that he was coming home. I'm so excited to get to work with him in this marvelous work and a wonder in the good Ole Land of the South. The spirit witnessed to me that he has been called of God to lead this mission and I'm so excited. There is such a thing as greenie fire and President Hansen has a level I have never seen before. MISSION PRESIDENT GREENIE FIRE ⚡⚡🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💥 I LOVE IT

President Hansen shared some amazing advice on what we need to do as a mission. The mission is 100 % temple worthy and active so there should not be a lot that is needed to achieve Zion status. We just need to be aware of the spirit and the role that it plays. We should improve our studies, pray more sincerely, and listen to sacred music. He also shared how there are literally hundreds (if not more) of angels helping us in the work here and we need to not miss a single person that has been prepared. 

After the meet the Mission President and Wife meeting we sang the mission song to them. It was great and I've attached a video. 

We also got a new Toyota Tacoma at the meeting. The roads of Blytheville are kinda sketch so that's why we got a truck. It's pretty nice to have. 

After the meeting I also went on exchange with Elder Bleazard from Dyersburg. That went really well and we meet some awesome people. 

Speaking of people we were able to go see the Rogers again this week. That was so nice. We had dinner and a lesson with them and we taught the restoration. Brother Rogers seemed to understand it and overall it was awesome. Their oldest son is 10 and hasn't been baptized so we will be able to help him progress too. Great things are happening here in Blytheville. 

 On Sunday  I gave a talk about the Plan of salvation. The over lying reason why God created the plan of salvation is His purpose that we find in Moses chapter 1:39. 

 39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Work is something you do, glory is something you rejoice proudly in. The things that God does, and what he rejoices proudly in is his children. He wants us to live forever in resurrected bodies, and to live with him in forever families. What an amazing purpose right!!! 

I also shared the main points that we share as missionaries.

Pre-earth life

The creation 

Agency and the fall if Adam and Eve

Our life on earth 

The Atonement

The spirit world, 

Resurrection, Judgement and Immortality 

And the Kingdoms of Glory. 

Overall I think it went great. I love being a missionary and sharing the restored truths of the gospel. This is the greatest work that we can perform in our lives, helping others come unto Christ. 

Down here a lot of people think Mormons are crazy, but I know that the full truth of the Gospel is here. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the restoration and that this is the Lord's true church once again established on the earth today. I will never doubt it, I will never question it. God loves you yesterday, today, and forever. Have faith, repent everyday, go to church and partake of the Sacrament (or be baptized and confirmed if you haven't already) and just keep repeating that process. The gospel at its simplest form is faith, repentance, baptism, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. The process just repeats. How amazing is that? 

Anyway I love you all, thanks so much for your prayers. They really do make a difference. Let me know what yall are up to and what I can pray for. Missionary prayers have been known to move metaphorical mountains. ðŸ˜Š

With much Love, 


Elder Skyler Glen Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment