Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 17 - Exchanges and a Unique Baptism

Hello Family that I love! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are and the huge example ya'll are to me.

This email is going to be short and sweet. 

We had some fun experiences on exchanges this week. We worked hard and saw many people and that was great! I went on exchange with Elder Smith and he is a very good missionary. He works really hard to be bold with the people here and help them change their lives for the better. It was really refreshing and rejuvenating to go on exchanges. It was awesome. 

We also went to a baptism that the Cabot sisters had on Saturday and all I can say is it was probably the most unique baptism that I will ever experience in my life. The investigators name is Mariah and she has some hard health challenges that have disfigured her body pretty severely. This made it really hard for her to be baptized. Luckily when the Lord wants something to happen he ALWAYS prepares a way. So they out her on a canvas sheet and has 6 men in the font helping her take this huge step on the Gospel path. The spirit was SO strong. It was a such a Joy to be there. 

That's about it. 

I just want you all to know that I know that this is the true, living church of our Savior. I know that he leads and guides it today. I know ow without a doubt that my Heavenly Father is very much involved in our lives and that he knows my name. He loves me so much and I have felt such profound peace and love this week. It is really hard to describe in words everything that I have experienced this week. This has probably been the hardest and best weeks of my entire mission. 

All I want to do is to do what my Father wants me to do. He knows what will make me happy so it makes perfect sense that I should go to him often to talk and be one with him. The Prophet Joseph Smith taught "Make everything you undertake a matter of Prayer" I know that if we involve God in our plans and in our lives then he will show us his guiding influence and his infinite love for us. If we do what his will is then we will always be doing what the right thing is. 

I love you all so much and I'll talk with ya more next week. 

With Love, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment