Thursday, June 1, 2017

Week 15 - Acts and Airplanes

Hello Family and friends that I love! 
I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are! 

This week has been another week in paradise here in good Ole Jacksonville AR Kansas haha. 

We are working really hard on helping our investigators come to church. This week we were trying really hard but sadly nobody came. Good thing for next week right? 

What was really cool this week was we took a bit and walked around the air force base and took pictures of the really cool planes. That was really cool. We saw about 10 planes and helicopters. That was probably the highlight of the week.  I'll include some pictures. 

I've got some questions from people wanting to know more about my companion. His name is Elder Brandon Ralph. He is six foot ten and contrary to what many people believe, he doesn't play basketball 😂. This is the first time for him to be a district leader so I've been trying really hard to support him in that. We enjoy each other and work hard to try to get the work here rolling. 

This week in my studies I've been reading from Acts. I'm really interested in how the church was still lead everyday by our Savior through the Holy Ghost. That is true for back then and it is true for today. The church runs through the power of the Holy Ghost. This means that it is really important to know what he sounds like to each of us. The Holy Spirit is a real person with feeling and agency. He loves us and wants to help us in our everyday life. If we want to come closer to him then he will show us how. Through continued scripture study and pondering in our hearts and listening to our feelings closely we will come to know how the Spirit speaks to us. 

I love you all and pray for you all everyday. Please keep me in your prayers. They really do make a difference. Keep doing the little things to keep your testimony alive. Just like a tree we must do all we can to help it grow. One of my favorite quotes is called "good timber" good timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees. The further sky, the greater length. The more the storm, the more the strength. By sun and cold, by rain and snow, in trees and men good timbers grow. 

I love you all. God bless you and be with you til we meet again! 

With love, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen



No comments:

Post a Comment