Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Jacksonville, Arkansas Week 8

Hello Family that I love dearly! I Rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are!

This week has been great here in sunny Jacksonville. Some of the highlights this week are pretty awesome. 

This week we went and provided service for our investigator Rick. We helped him clean out his flower beds out front and it was really good. I'm glad that I was able to help him with that. He really appreciated it. He watched Conference! He saw the session that President Monson spoke in and he said that he really liked it. Isn't that awesome! 

The next thing that was pretty cool this week was when we went and visited Dexter. Dexter is the ultimate investigator. He set his own baptismal date and he is just awesome. We visited him and he hasn't been feeling well, but he wanted us to stop by and visit with him and talk about the glorious gospel with him. We showed him the first vision video "Ask of God" and he said it was amazing! We also gave him a priesthood blessing and let me just say that Angels are real! It was the coolest experience. He will become a real converted member of the church. I just know it. 😊

I also got my blood tested in North Little Rock on thrusday. That was fun....😐 I don't like getting needles in me but it was real quick so not that big of a deal.

We had the ward Pinewood Derby and it was so fun. I will try to have Sister Smith send home a picture or two of it. Our car got 3rd place...lol. 

Oh how I love the Sabbath!   It really is a Delight! We had a great testimony meeting and I was able to bear my testimony to the congregation. I love how simple the Gospel is. It really is the best thing in the whole world. 😊

After the normal church day we had the Linger Longer. Linger Longer is when people stay at the church for a little longer and we get a potluck and eat food. It really is a genius invention and I love it. I probably had more food then I was supposed to but you know. 

This week in my studies I have felt impressed to study Isaiah. With my study of Isaiah I have opened up 2nd Nephi and used that as a complementary study aid. I also have used the institute manual on the Gospel Library app and the 1971 ensign Talk by Elder Bruce R. McConkie entitled 10 keys to Understanding Isaiah. It has really deepened my understanding of Isaiah. Elder McConkie said that "if we want to go where Isaiah and Nephi have gone then we must understand what they were talking about. Indeed our Salvation may well depend on it." Pretty crazy right? Anyway Isaiah has been where I have focused this week and I have learned so much from it. The Lord loves his people and are really sad when they don't listen to him. He doesn't like us to suffer and pleads with us to listen and keep his commandments. The Commandments really are the way to a happier life. Isn't that an amazing truth! 

Before I get to my testimony I have some challenges for ya'll this week. ☺️Read the Book of Mormon "everyday, Everyday, EVERYDAY!" Doing this will help you resist temptation, grow closer to our Savior, and will allow our Father in Heaven to bless us in so many innumerable ways. Pray "everyday, Everyday, EVERDAY!" As a family and individually you will grow closer to our Father, Savior and the Holy Ghost when you pray every single day, multiple times a day.

I promise that as you do this you will grow closer to your Father in Heaven then you thought possible. He loves you so much and wants to bless you with so many blessings. Whenever you need help just pray. It will all work out in the end.

Here is another Gem of President Wakolo's wisdom for you. "This is my Testimony, I will never doubt it, I will never question it." He would often say this to us in regard to the restoration, the Book of Mormon, or the President of the Church. Really anything in my testimony applies to this quote. "I will never doubt it, I will never question it."

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!! It is the most amazing gift that the we have been given. Our Loving Father in Heaven knows what we can become if we choose to let him lead us. He knows what he is doing and his will is always what is right. Our will may at times be what seems like the better thing, but from personal experience my will can't compare with what my Father's will is for me. When I let him lead me in the way that I should go then he makes so much more of every effort that I give to him. I love my Father in Heaven, and I know that he loves me. I know that he really loves it when I pray to him, because he loves hearing from his children. I know that he really hears me when I pray and that he will speak to me. Either through his spirit or through the Scriptures I know that he will talk to me. I know that Jesus Christ is my amazing, loving Savior and that he really wants me to rely on him every chance that I can. He wants to help all of us every chance he can. When we keep his Commandments not only are we showing him that we love him, but we are giving him opportunities to bless us and for him to help us. He loves that! Our Savior when he suffered for us felt everything that we will ever feel. He felt our pains and sufferings, and he felt our Joys. He rejoices with us when we rejoice and he weeps with us when we have cause to weep. He is our AMAZING Older Brother. He is my Savior. He is my best friend. Oh how I love being his friend, and fellow laborer in this great work. I love being a missionary!😄❤

Joyfully yours,

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

On the road during walk week.  

President Wakolo carrying his "sticks" during conference when he was called as a GA.  This pic made all the missionaries smile because this is always his council to them, and he was an example of his own teachings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment