Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jacksonville, Arkansas - Day 90



Hello Family that I love! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are!

This week has been one for the books. So many different random things happened this week that it's hard to keep it all straight. So let me see if I can get this all in order....

Tuesday we got a call from Elder Sorenson the vehicle coordinator and he said that we needed to drive to North Little Rock and pick up a brand new 2017 Chevy Malibu! When we picked it up it had only 19 miles on it. How Freaking awesome is that! That was pretty much the coolest thing that happened this week. The Malibu is a sleek silver, has tons of leg room, and as a added bonus it has great WiFi built in. Crazy awesome right? Sad thing is we only got it for this last week because of the car rotations and odds are we won't see it again for at least another transfer, but that's OK it was fun while it lasted.

One Miracle that happened this week is we saw Dexter again! We kind of lost track of him for about a week and we were really worried about him. So we saw him again, taught him the full restoration and he loved it. When he was with the missionaries before he didn't really like Joseph Smith because the missionaries were talking about him more then Jesus Christ. We were able to explain that while Joseph Smith was a important figure in our history, he is not as important as Jesus. When we explained that he was on board with the teaching and is making leaps and strides.

Saturday we had an.... unexpected detour from our plans. We started driving to an appointment and the new Malibu started yelling at us that our tire was flat. So we pull over and to our utter astonishment our front left tire was completely flat. We hadn't even broke 100 miles on it yet and we had a huge bolt in our tire. ðŸ˜‚😂😂 Luckily for us though we were able to change it no problem and get the tire over to our trusty local Firestone. I think we have been there every 2 weeks on the dot. So we are pretty much regular customers there. We know the people who work there now. One guys name is James and he is pretty cool. The other one is Beante. She is LDS and has a son on a mission. Kinda cool right? ☺

So this Sunday was pretty much the best Sunday on my mission yet! Dexter came to church! First time an Investigator came to church and it was great! ðŸ˜„ We showed him around and he felt right at home. The talks that were shared were great. One was on Temples and Family history, the other was on the difference between guilt and shame, and the last one was on Missionary work. It was fantastic!!! The hymns also were a great selection that really brought the spirit. The hymns were Did you think to pray, as now we take the sacrament, and I believe in Christ. It was great!!!

We also had the chance to teach the youth during Sunday school. We taught the Apostasy and the Restoration. I didn't realize how many different Scriptures were in the standard works that talk about the Apostasy and the Restoration. It's like almost 100 or more. I really liked preparing for this and we started talking about why the Apostasy was nessesary for the Restoration to occur. The Apostasy is like a piece of black velvet that stands in stark contrast to the beautiful gem of the Restoration.  We also showed the new "Ask of God" video to the class and I felt the spirit so strong when I bore testimony of the First Vision. I love being a missionary. 

This week is going to be really busy. This is walk week so please pray for us that we will be safe and that no harm will come over us as we bike and walk this week. We are going to see Dexter hopefully everyday this week for a lesson and his baptismal interview on Saturday so that he can be ready for his baptism next saturday. I am so excited for this week and It's going to be great. 

I love you all and I pray for you all everyday. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers I really can feel the difference in my life with all the prayers. Thanks for all that you do. I have a testimony of the divinity of the work that I am a part of. I love being a missionary and I love teaching people the gospel. I feel such Joy when I am able to testify to people that this Church is true. It really is, don't ever doubt it, don't ever question it. This is the Lord's true Church. I love being a missionary!


Elder Skyler Glen Larsen


This weeks flat tire



Check out Skyler in the Car Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment