Tuesday, January 8, 2019

"Tip of the Sip"


Hello Family and Friends! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are.

The days are starting to blend together even more the usual.... Let's see if I can remember what happened this week.

This week we went on exchanges and I went down to olive branch Mississippi. That was tons of fun! We tracked all day and...... Got totally rejected lol! 

But sacrifice brings forth blessings, in other words Dinner was AWESOME! I had duck for the first time. We had bacon wrapped duck, and bacon wrapped JalapeƱo poppers. It was SOOOO GOOD. I was also introduced to Mississippi Mud Pie, and wow that thing was a carb coma, but it was so good. The member who fed us said that he showed us what the "Tip of the Sip" is all about. It was great lol.

Memphis is interesting for sure. We get probably 15-20 referrals a week, which is more then most the mission combined. Just working on referrals we have so much to do. Let alone the rest of the 100+ people in our areabook, and trying to boost member relations. Needless to say we have our work cut out for us.

If y'all could pray that my health will improve and I will have the strength necessary to do the work that would be much appreciated. Thank You!

I finished the Book of Mormon this week and it was GREAT! I love that book so much. I can't go too far into a morning until I must read it. I can definetly tell a huge difference even if I wait 2 or 3 hours.

President Hansen wants us to read the Book of Mormon all over again before the 31st of March. It's about 6 pages a day so it's a stretch, but I think I will be able to do it.

We had Zone conference this week and it was really good. We talked a lot about The Priesthood and Priesthood keys, the Sabbath Day and how to ask inspired questions. President Hansen has said that the better we get at asking inspired questions the better parents we will be when we get home. He also taught us that we need to keep ourselves aligned with our "key Holder", and that if we are out of sync with them then we need to repent and support them more. He shared some eye opening experiences that he had with people when he was a stake president. It was very good. I will always strive to be in sync with my Priesthood Key Holders.


In closing I would like to share a spiritual thought with Y'all. This thought comes from Moroni Chapter 7: 16&17. Those verses go as follows.

            "16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

            17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him."

Basically if it is good it is from God. If it is bad it is from the Devil. It really is that easy.

I want to bear my testimony that The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. It has lead me to make positive, Faith promoting changes in my life.

In other words the Book of Mormon is good, which means it is from God.

The Book of Mormon testifies powerfully of the reality and divinity of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.

I know it is true.

May God Be with you all until we meet again.

Sincerely, 

Elder Skyler G. Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment