Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy New Year Everyone!


Hello Brothers and Sisters! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are!

I'm running out of time because we just drove back from NLR after the musical tribute in LR yesterday.

That was the last one that I will be able to be a part of and it was great, but sad as well. Odds are I won't see a lot of those people again.


This week has been interesting to say the least.....

So Memphis is a completely different culture. It seems like I am the only white person when I walk downtown. I won't tell you how sketchy it really is. Sorry about that. Needless to say I'm not in Arkansas anymore. We have been in tune with the spirit though so you don't have to worry.


The area book is still a hot mess. It will probably take a few weeks to work through it all. That is why the Book of Mormon is super important in the finding process, because if people are willing to read we keep teaching, if they stop we stop coming by.


We have some good people that we are trying to teach. Please pray or Martha & Fam and Deryl.

We had another trip to the ER. Not for me this time, but for my companion Elder Morris. He had really bad stomach pain, so we went in close to 9:30 pm and eventually the AP's came and traded me and stayed with him.


Fun Miracle story from that is we were able to teach a lady and set her on date for Baptism while we were there at the ER. It was great.

unfortunately though she didn't keep her return appointment for the Church tour we set up....


Anyway hopefully she will come around. Her name is Lashandra.


Christmas was great! We spent the morning at a restaurant in downtown Memphis giving out free food to the homeless. That was a phenomenal experience. It is a really humbling thing to give out food to the Homeless, especially on Christmas.


After that we had Christmas food with our Bishop and his family. They are really great people.


We also went to the getto this week. That was a different experience. There was not a whole lot of success, but we were able to sift through some of the people in our area book which was nice.


I spoke in church on Sunday. That was a great experience. I talked about the nature of God and how keeping his commandments allows him to bless us. Elder Morris spoke on Hope. He also shared a favorite quote of his. "Happiness is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth of it." lol


After Sacrament meeting we went up to Bartlett and I drove the Transfer van down to LR. That was a lot of fun.


The Musical tribute in LR was great. I was able to see the Zurligens, Laura and Bethany, and Joy and Sister Oakley there. It was a lot of fun to talk with them.


While we were singing I felt the presence of many angels. The veil was super thin and I could almost see them. It was a very sacred experience. I think Elder Mair and I also sang the best we have ever done at that performance. It was awesome!


That night we stayed in NLR and I got to see Elder Patterson, and the rest of the NLR Gang again. It was great to see them all.


Anyway I am loving it here and I really think I will be able to soar through January.

God bless you all and have a very happy, and Safe New Year! 

Sincerely your Missionary in Tennessee, 

Elder Skyler G. Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment