Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Is it June Already?


Hello my Brothers and Sisters! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly I thank you for who you are!

Can you believe it? It is already midway through June. Time seems to be moving by faster and faster the older I get. Before I know it I'll be home, married, and have 5 children haha. 😂

Anyway this week was busy, busy, busy here in the Mission office. We actually had to do some office work today that's why this is a bit late. We were blessed and only had to drive to Memphis once last week haha. We also found great favor with the Lord and we were blessed to get caught up on all the office work. #TenderMercy

This week though we will be driving to Memphis and back twice in 2 days. I'm not really looking forward to the drive, but hey the temporal needs of the mission need to be taken care of somehow. The work of the Lord must go forward. 

It is really interesting to me just how involved in our lives our Heavenly Father and the Good Lord are. For example we received a new 2018 Chevy Crew Cab Silverado last week (Which is so awesome!) and we were running into some difficulties with the Tiwi device and the truck's computer. For those who don't know the Tiwi is the tracking device in the mission vehicles that tracks the car and helps us to drive better. When we speed or drive aggressively it will prompt us to change and repent haha. 

Anyway the technology wasn't wanting to play nice with each other, and after about 2 hours (and much work and prayer) the Lord blessed us that things worked out. I mean how petty and insignificant is it that we were having trouble with our car and the Supreme Governor of the Universe who lives in Heaven above looked down with mercy and love and blessed us that things worked out. I mean He works with stars, galaxies and worlds without end, and yet he loves us all enough to take the time, listen to us, and bless us in our times of need. This magnificent eternal truth never ceases to fill me with awe, wonder, and profound love for our Loving Heavenly Father and his Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. They really do hear and answer our prayers. 

I love being a missionary and helping others realize that there is a source to true and lasting happiness in this life and eternal joy in the world to come. This is possible because of Jesus Christ. Oh, how I love him!

I love you all! Please keep praying for me, and I'll keep praying for you. 

Y'all stay blessed!

Sincerely, 

Elder Skyler G. Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment