Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Master The Tempest Is Raging - Amidst these Long Road Trips


Hello my Brothers and Sisters! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do, but mostly for who you are!

I'm sorry about the lack of weekly emails. Time is a rare luxury in the office. I will try to do better in the future. 

My, oh my I have a lot to tell y'all about. This week has definelty been one for the books. I traveled over 1300 miles and visited so many cities. So let's hop right in. 

Tuesday: We had district meeting and packed up and drove a mattress down to Monticello for a missionary down there. That as a 200 miles round trip. 

Wednesday: I went to a doctors appointment and had a wonderful conversation with the front desk lady named Kaylin. We shared the Book of Mormon with her and she wanted to take the lessons. What was interesting was the light all around her when we talked with her. I could tell that she was elect and will be baptized soon. We referred her to the missionaires in Cabot.  

After that doctors visit we drove over to Memphis to prepare to drive missionaries back to NLR the next day. 

Thursday: I drove missionaries from Memphis to North Little Rock then back to Memphis later that day. While the missionaries were having their Missionary Leadership Council Elder Carter and I were running around doing many, many errands and little tasks. I was blest with the small chance to take a nap before we drove back. #TenderMercies in total for Wednesday though Friday we drove over 600 miles. 

Friday: We woke up early and drove to Staff meeting in North Little Rock. We were blest with no crazy traffic and made it on time. After staff meeting and lunch I had the chance to drive the Assistants Mommy van. That car drives like a race car and is such a joy to drive. We were able to also go and teach some lessons to some people. We taught Donna who is a mother of 2. She recently lost a Son, and has been having a hard time with the grieving process. We were able to share the Book of Mormon with her and how it can be her "Balm of Gilead". It was a wonderful experience. We also saw another referral named Bobby. He has gone through some really hard trials recently and was looking for peace in his life. We also shared how the Book of Mormon could help him receive grace in his life to have the strength to keep moving forward. It was a good experience, even though there was an intense thunderstorm outside that knocked the power out twice. 

Saturday: Here is the day where things get interesting. We drove down to Poyen Arkansas to pick up a Tiwi tracking device that was in a mission car, then drove over to hot springs to drop off a study chair. After grabbing lunch and loading up again we drove to Mountain View, Pocahontas, Paragould, Jonesboro, Newport, Searcy and all the connecting towns imbetween. We were trying to make it home to sleep, but after travel delays and the storm of the century we stopped in Searcy close to midnight. 

I want to describe to you in greater detail the storm that hit us just outside Jonesboro. We knew it was coming and after talking with the Assistants and praying for guidance we felt the Holy Spirit constrain us to keep moving forward in our plans in haste,  and not stay in Jonesboro. It was about 9.30 Pm when the storm hit us. Now imagine for a moment the most horrific thunderstorm you have been in and times it by 10. We had torrential rain, severe lighting, and 60 MPH winds. It was a very harrowing experience to have to drive through that for close to an hour and a half. After praying our hearts out and going slow we were blessed to make it through. That was probably one of the scariest experiences of my life up to this point, but it increased my faith in a Loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers. What a tender mercy it was to pull into the Searcy apartments that night!

My Brothers and Sisters, I want to testify of a Loving Heavenly Father who cares deeply about each and every one of his children. He will listen and answer each prayer. I know this is true. I have felt his love in so many instances in my life. He may not cause the storm to cease, but he will give us the strength and will see us through to safety. 

I love my Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary. 

I want to invite y'all to make your prayers more meaningful this week. Take a little more time to listen when you pray and you will be rewarded. 

Y'all have a blessed week!

Sincerely, 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen


 
Arkansas Weather

Feeling a little stuck on the job :)

Having Fun

Service Project

The Office Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment