Thursday, February 2, 2017

MTC Week 1



Hello all!
I have really missed all of you but I've been doing really good. So much has happened in this first week that it feels like a month or 2 have actually passed. The highlights from the week are, I have a really awesome companion. His name is Elder Raish. I really  think that the Lord was watching out for me when I got my companion, because we get along pretty well. 

I have learned a lot while I have been here, the highlights of that are that we as disciples of Jesus Christ need to turn out and reach out and help others and not reach inward towards ourselves. When we reach out to help others we can do a lot more then what we can do while reaching inward. I learned this while we watched the video Character of Christ. Turns out you can only see it at the MTC. It was amazing. We also learned that the best example of the natural man is the Cookie monster - haha.   Elder Bednar has the best interpretation of the Cookie Monster. It was the so awesome!

I have also learned a lot about the truth of the scripture "If ye have not the spirit ye shall not teach". Elder Raish and I has an interesting experience when we went in for our first TRC or first real investigator. I was so nervous that it made it hard for me to feel the spirit and we were kinda left out to dry. It was a really good learning experience though and we killed it on our second TRC. 

My District here at the MTC is amazing! Not to be boastful but I think they are all amazing people. They all have the spirit and they want to be here at the MTC so it makes it pretty awesome. 

I have learned that exact obedience to the mission rules will bring blessings and that the opposite is also true. I have seen a few different examples of both of these so save yourself some heartache and just be obedient.  

I love the spirit here at the MTC and I can tell that I have already grown a lot here and I can barely wait for the growth that will happen the rest of the time that I am here and on the mission. 

There was some changes made at a recent missionary broadcast. The church changed their policy on the missionary schedule and so now we have more flexability and agency to use out time how we feel it can be best utilized. They also changed the key indicators on what each missionary reports on. I love the changes that they made and I feel like they will help us as missionaries not get so discouraged in the missionary work. The schedule changes will also allow us to get more sleep if we are in need of it and wow I don't know how I could be so tired in my whole life - haha. Our church leaders are really inspired and I know that the Lord wanted this changes to be made. 

I want to let you all know that I know that this Gospel is the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he knows all of us individually and that he wants to help us become better then who we are right now. I challenge all of you to read the Book of Mormon today and everyday. Even if it is just for a few minutes but I promise you that as you read it you will grow closer to your Savior. My Love for him has grown a lot while I have been here at the MTC and I will do everything that I can to keep it growing while I am on my mission. 

This is a crazy amazing experience and I love every minute of it. 

I love you all and God be with you til we meet again! 

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen


P.S. I love getting pictures from everyone. Here are some pictures from my adventures. 


I have my district, my companion and I at the temple, and the picture in front of the map is the elders in my district and the MTC president and his wife President and Sister Martino. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment