Monday, July 16, 2018

18 Months Down - 6 to Go!


Hello my Family and Friends! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Thank you all for what you do, but more importantly for who you are. 

Can you believe that we are at the 18 months mark? How crazy is that? It seems like just the other day that I was a brand new missionary in my first area. At the same time though it feels like an eternity has gone by. The saying for this feeling in the mission is "The weeks are days, and the days are weeks". So true, so true. 😂

Anyway this week has been mostly the same old stuff, lots of driving, moving furniture and "Going about doing good." (Acts 10:38) 

We did have zone conference this week and we were instructed on finding those of our Brothers and Sisters who are ready to accept the Gospel. Nothing in missionary work moves unless we have someone to teach. The more we teach the more will come to church and be baptized. We were also instructed on how we could use the Bible to teach LDS doctrine so that people would be more accepting of the Book of Mormon. 

President Hansen made a helpful book avaliable to the missionaries to help us increase our doctrinal understanding with the Bible. It is incredible how much the Bible has in it. Aren't the scriptures just amazing!😉

We also had interviews with the President this week. This last interview was really good. I was able to set some really meaningful goals to improve and become even better. 

That was pretty much it.... But wait there is more 😂

Spiritual thought for the week: Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

I know that the Commandments of God are not barriers to our happiness, but are guide posts to the happy and productive life. I have seen in my own life how obedience to the Commandments of God has brought my family and I such joy. 

What are some blessings that you have seen in your life from keeping the commandments? 

What are some things that you can do to better keep the commandments?

I want y'all to know that I know that God lives. He loves us. His Son Jesus Christ really did die for our sins so that we can be made clean. I love him, because he first loved me. (1 John 4:19) I am so grateful for his patience and long-suffering with me. This mission hasn't been easy, but oh how grateful I am for it. Because of all I have experienced out here I know that it is only through the Savior's atoning sacrifice that mankind may be redeemed and brought to eternal glory in the heavens above to live with our Heavenly Father in never ending happiness. I also know that we must choose however to live our lives in accordance to the Commandments of God to be redeemed. It won't be easy, but oh my, will it be worth it. We will find the joy that we all seek if we keep on trying our best everyday Everyday EVERYDAY! Let us all press on in the work of the Lord is my humble prayer. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, 

Amen. 

P.S. 

Y'all have a blessed day! 

Sincerely a missionary in Arkansas, 

Elder Skyler G. Larsen




No comments:

Post a Comment