Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Week 12 - Zone Conference and Transfers



Hello family that I love dearly! I rejoice with you in the gospel of Jesus Christ! I thank you for what you do but mostly I thank you for who you are! 

First off I want to thank all those who have sent me letters and emails they have really helped me this week. I also want to have a big shout out to those who have been praying for me and my investigators the work here is hard, but it is amazing, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

I'm doing pretty good. I'm staying in Jacksonville for another transfer, and Elder Murdoch got transferred to Memphis 2nd west as a zone leader. I am really excited for him, and it is a huge responsibility, but I think that he will do just great. It really sucked saying goodbye to him, but I think Elder Ralph and I will get along pretty well. Elder Ralph came out with Elder Murdoch so I was able to learn a little about him. Something that is pretty cool in this new transfer is I'm going to be the designated driver. So this will be pretty interesting -  pray for me that I'll be safe while I drive. 

I'm really happy that I'm starting to get some medical attention on the headaches -  they were really starting to bug me. Elder Hess is going to have me go down to  Little Rock to a doctor that is also stake president. So I know I will be taken care of down there. I'm not sure when I will go down there but we will see how it all goes.

So to give you all a run through of what my week has been like, Monday we had P day and we went to a flea market. That was a pretty interesting experience, we went and it was like a trip back in time.  I saw so many things that were from the early 1900 it was remarkable.

Wednesday we had zone meeting and it was the last zone meeting in this mission. Leadership from the church has asked that we no longer have zone meetings but that we just stick with zone conferences. It was pretty cool and I'm excited for this new change.  In zone meeting we learned a lot about how to help former investigators become new investigators again. Former investigators are great, because they have already felt the spirit and most of them would meet with missionaries again so that was pretty cool to learn about that.  We also learned how we need to keep our area book notes up to date because when we leave an area we are handing off all of the souls to the next missionaries and if we don't leave good notes we clearly don't love the people enough.

We also had interviews with President after zone meeting, that was really nice to get to meet with President Wakolo again, and to be able to talk about what I can do to become a better missionary. He is the best and I love him.

That is pretty much the highlights for the week, we've also done a lot of service helping the members whose houses have been flooded this week.

In my studies this week I felt inspired to study from Jesus the Christ. This is what I felt inspired a study for like the last three weeks. I have grown my testimony so much of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. He truly is the Sun of God and He loves All of us and that is why he goes to such great lengths to help us and perfect us into the people that we are meant to be. I am so grateful to be a missionary and I have learned so much in the 104 days that I have been a missionary. This truly has been experience of a lifetime and I look forward to every day with an eye of faith knowing that my Savior will help me make it through the day and that he will help me help others.  I would encourage you all to keep praying for a closer connection with and God the Father. He wants to hear from you and to hear your voice, and he wants to help you. Also keep reading The Book of Mormon it is the fantastic Word of God and I know it is true. when times are tough just remember that you have an amazing loving Savior who is ready and willing to give you grace to help you and to lift you up and to strengthen you. Keep in mind that grace is not us having to do everything and then Christ comes in, but rather it is Christ walking with us to the finish line encouraging us and helping us every step of the way.

Please keep praying for me and for my investigators they're amazing people who I've  come to love deeply and dearly. I keep praying for all of you to be safe and happy and that God will be with you wherever you go. 

I love you all! ❤😊

Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

Elder Murdoch and Elder Larsen and Elder and Sister Rasmussen.  

Jacksonville Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment