Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Week 31: Temple Trips and Learning Experiences

Hello Family, friends and other amazing Children of God! I rejoice with you in the Gospel of our Amazing Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I thank y'all for what you do, but mostly for who you are!

This week has been really good. I don't have a lot of time today because I have been on the road. Today was our day to go to the temple for the last time while we are missionaries so that means lots of time driving back and forth. 

I am so happy that I had the chance to go to the House of the Lord again. Oh how I love the Temple of our God. It really is his Holy House. I love going back and feeling my Father in Heaven and my Savior near me. 

 This week was my first week as Dist it leader and it went pretty good. I feel like I'm stepping up to the plate on all my responsibilities as a district leader. If y'all could pray for my district that would be mighty appreciated. I have Sister Black and Esplin, and Elders Robinson, Green, and Patterson under my stewardship. Thanks y'all for your prayers. 

If y'all could also keep my investigators and the members in your prayers that would also be mighty appreciated. The names of our focus people are Kortni, Londa, Aurora, and Francisco. The members we are working with are the Gold family. They picked a day to go to the temple and it is October 18th! Oh how I love this family! I'm so excited for them. I have come to love all the people that I get to work with. All are amazing children of God and me being able to help them know the precious truths I know is such a fulfilling experience!

I want to leave y'all with 2 commitments and my testimony. First off PLEASE keep praying to God. He loves hearing his children pray with and speak to him. It puts such a huge smile on his face when he can listen to you pray, so please keep doing that every chance you can get, multiple times a day. My second commitment is to PLEASE keep reading the Book of Mormon. There is a special power that comes into our lives as we nourish our spirit with the Daily Bread of the Book of Mormon. It fills our spiritual reserves and helps us have the strength to resist temptation and to feel the Holy Ghost more abundantly in our lives. 

I love all of you. Even though I may not know exactly who you are, I still love and care about you. God knows you personally. He is your creator, and Father. He knows exactly what you need and He wants to bless you. Keep the commandments and that will make it easier for God to bless you. Your Father is near you. Your Savior loves you. Joseph Smith really did see God our Father, and his Son Jesus Christ. Thomas S. Monson is our living Prophet today. Temples are the house of the Lord. I Love being a missionary in the service of my Heavenly King. 

I love you all and Hurrah for Israel! 


Elder Skyler Glen Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment